Institutional Sign In


CMSS at a Glance

Language: English
Company: CSOB Stavebni Sporitelna
Provider: Helgi Library
Pages: 3

ČMSS is the dominant leader of the building savings market, with a 43.6% share of building loans and 35.1% of building savings deposits as of the end of 2012. 55% of the bank is owned by the largest Czech bank, ČSOB, while the remaining 45% is held by BSH, the largest building savings society in Germany.         

Despite seasonally strong deposit growth in 4Q12, the overall balance sheet momentum remains negative. Loans declined by 2.6% and deposits dropped 1.8% in 2012. This is due mainly to the overall saturation of the market, ongoing reduction of the government subsidy and migration to mortgage lending.


Having said that, ČMSS remains impressively profitable. In 2012, the bank achieved ROE of 18.2%, well above the market (15.2%) or the whole banking system (14.4%).


This report offers a summary of the company's performance in 2008-2012. You will find here all the key numbers from the bank's balance sheet, income statement and main ratios related to the bank's business. In addition, the report provides a detailed overview of the bank's market position in the comparison wi the overall banking sector as well as with other building savings banks.

Banking | Czechia | June 03, 2013
Excel Sheet, 3 pages